The Student to Professional Internship Network affords students at the Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS) the opportunity to gain experience related to their course of study or career interests while earning academic credits to fulfill their SEBS experience-based education requirement. Credits are earned through the completion of academic assignments while the student is engaged in part-time or full-time work experience within business, industry, government or non-profit organizations. Find out how to apply.
SUMMER REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
We are currently accepting Fall 2015 applications until September 25th.
Students who participate in the SPIN program:
- Work in jobs related to their major or career goals
- Earn 3 or 6 credits per semester (maximum of 6) towards their degree
- May earn partial education costs through paid positions (some are unpaid)
- Gain valuable experience to add to their resumes
- Complete the experience-based education requirement
- Become more prepared for the job market or graduate school
- Make future professional contacts
- Can qualify positions they find on their own for credit
SPIN is committed to strengthening and expanding SEBSí relationships with local and regional employers, and to providing SEBS students with a springboard from college life to career life by giving them the chance to explore and clarify career choices and goals.